Monday, December 28, 2009

DIE Tinkerbell DIE

DAY 19

Today I have been in a fowl mood and have tried to nurse the small amount of patience I have left back to health.  I have some perspective that things could be much worse: Among other things I could have spent the day in airport lines with my electronics stored and hands folded neatly on my lap.  Are you home yet Henry?

Even though I am on the ground in Bakersfield I feel like I am trapped with my idle hands.  All day I have looked forward to getting a hold of my controller.

While we waited to ride a train John and I talked about which game would be best to work out my anxiety. I decided to reprise my play with Wolverine and maybe have some face time with the Thing.  The tween girls behind us in line sang the same song off key while we waited in line for 30 minutes.  30 minutes does not seem like a long time but the combination of cold, dust and tween tone deafness almost sent me over the edge.  Thankfully we made it on the train without our carolers. 

It was nice that we finally went to see the holiday lights at CALM.  Inara was excited to ride the Carousel and we all went on the train.  With the kids fast asleep I finally got to play some Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.  I played with both Wolverine and the Thing but favored the Thing tonight.

I thought it was strange that the boss for this level was called the Tinkerer.  The reason I found this odd is because that is the name of the vocation that Tinkerbell has a natural affinity for in her new movie (that Inara makes me watch.)  At first I felt bad killing a potential fairy but then he kept sending cyborg minions and all regret fell away.  
 

Now that I have worked out some of my rage issues I am ready to go to sleep.  John has prescribed yoga for my morning so that I do not go all Linda Blair on him.  I am surprised I am smiling as I write this blog considering how tense I was before we played today.  It is amazing that an hour with my partner can make things that were so irritating seem funny instead.  If you are reading this and stressed for any reason (1) get off the computer because facebook will not help you de-stress (2) grab your honey and spend an hour doing something recreational.  One hour of your day dedicated to the person you love will really change your outlook no matter what you are looking at.

 


1 comment:

  1. Lol Best. Title. Ever. I'm so stoked you like this game, its a blast and its also nice to hear you are getting some of the much needed relief and relaxation from games I get. But yes Yoga is still prescribed and needed in the morning. That and a good night's sleep. ^^

    I thought you might like the thing (the fact that his catch phrase is "it's Clobberin time" should be a clue) Also its one of those games that is infinitely better when playing with someone else. And I can't describe how awesome it is to finally have a reliably co-op partner, and how even more awesome that said partner is a hawt chick ;P well time to woo said chick up stairs...

    ReplyDelete