Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tales of a Wannabe Slayer Part 2

Day 48:  You can’t take the sky from me

In the comment section of my blog someone asked me to reflect on my personal faults that have brought me to this place in my life and marriage.  A few aspects of this answer include that I am brutally honest (that some people would also describe as being mean), and I know how smart I am, and I am stubborn.  It took me a long time to achieve these qualities and requires a lot of work to maintain my honesty, intelligence, and stubbornness.  Proceed in reading with caution and note that even if my personality has gotten me to where I am today, I have no plan to change anytime soon. 

Ambien versus BtVS

We all have self-care rituals that help us unwind at the end of a long day.  Some women can’t wait to soak in the tub, have some wine, snuggle, or review their DVR.  Although none of the previously mentioned options sounds off putting to me the most calming activity for me at the end of each day is to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

After my last blog post I realized my consumption of Buffy is both sacred and habitual.  I find it difficult to sleep without the teenage angst and poof of vampires exploding into dust in the background.  Recently, I have tried to watch Alias, Lost Girl, or Xena (all equally acceptably kick-ass girl power shows) but they do not soothe me.  Only Buffy with a side of Mal can ever get it done for me.

Stubbornness

I am open to new experiences but once I find something I like it is hard for me to change.  Once I found Iyengar Yoga all other yoga just lost its shiny-ness for me and I became a devout follower.  Together with the twin, I have ordered the same sundae from our local creamery for over 20 years.  Mac not PC.  No time soon will I be aspiring to obtain a girl card from Sephora.  This list could go on for a while, but it will take anyone about 10 minutes of reviewing my blog to realize I am set in my ways. 

Tales of a Wannabe Slayer

Into every generation a CCB is born: one girl in all the world a chosen one. 


To borrow some words from recent online trolls, I am a Buffy-obsessed “dirty harlot” and “feminist tool.”  And it does not really matter if you like the woman described in this blog who also writes this blog.  I am living my destiny.  I am moving forward wearing my brown coat, and you can get on board with my mission, or get out of my way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment