Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stop Staring at the Broken Gamer Couple

Day 4: Take a Screenshot it will last Longer 

Sunday is a busy family day and the aim of todays post is brevity. However, I wanted to discuss the tension between playing games versus a public relationship.

Gossip and Cursing 

Unlike courting avatars, it is strange to be a couple attempting to reconcile out and about in the real world.  Today I felt people watching me and I could not imagine why.  After a short while I realized social scrutiny was not triggered by a nip slip or toilet paper stuck to my shoes.  Instead people were waiting for something…something like a turrets screaming match to erupt at any moment.  Just to be clear: I did not start screaming curse words in front of my children at morning mass or the proceeding family breakfast.  I am trying to save all the insults and cursing for my blog and gaming.

Playing: Diablo 3
System: PS4 
Developer: Blizzard

Reflection: You are probably getting sick of me reflecting on Diablo but it is just the most fun game at this phase in our crisis.  Some days you just don’t want to pick up a controller and on those days watching someone play Diablo does not disappoint. Yesterday, I chose to watch Diablo instead of play.

Giving up the pirate life...Arrrrr 


Despite my use of profanity in my previous blog post I have thus far refrained from trash talk during gameplay.  Maybe I need to change my mental model from being a bitchy gamer to being a supportive nurturing gamer?  I will keep you posted on how well that goes but I anticipate getting a sailor to learn manners is not something that happens over night. Grrr...Arggg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment