Friday, February 27, 2015

The Laundry Goblins

Gamer mom fights back against laundry goblins
Day 51: May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor

As every person with small children understands, the laundry wars are real and there are casualties.  Last week my partner purchased new socks for the kids because the unpairing, holes, and growing feet overwhelmed his senses.  But my resolve rarely allows me to wave a white flag at Target; instead I will wash and fold each stitch to its maximum capacity.  Yesterday, I realized that the two baskets of sorted clothing were not waiting to be washed but instead just needed to be put away.  Well played laundry goblins, well played.

Running Diablo and Laundry at Midnight

Last night the hubs played Diablo until almost midnight while I held the line of defenses against the laundry goblins.  Even though we faced different foes being together in the trenches is an intimate situation.  Having risen from bed at first dawn our joints and eyes ached from exhaustion.  We kept going, executing rehearsed tasks and taking our bodies to their maximum capacity.

The Next Mission

Sleep deprived selfie
I just received a call that one of my kiddos is feeling ill.  That means that the laundry goblins called in re-enforcements and I must equip my Lysol can.


Tip: Marriage and gaming are not for the faint of heart.  It takes vinegar, resolve, and Lysol.  But even on the longest, monotonous days, you can still level up as a couple.  It is the days you face foes like laundry goblins that you find out what you really made of.  49 days to go.    

No comments:

Post a Comment