Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Return of Hope aka Wil Wheaton

Day 27: Just because we can, doesn’t mean we should.

This weekend was full of organic soup, family-time, cuddling, and games.  I set a personal goal for the weekend to beat the hill troll and find one thing to be hopeful for.  As my regular readers know I have had a hard time lately, and I have found a new obsession/ hope: Wil Wheaton. 

Wil Wheaton taught my Toddler Sarcasm 

Bakersfield was quite a flutter when Guy Feiri came to town and sampled a few eateries.  Guy is great and everything, but be-still my heart that the geek gods have spoken, and Bakersfield might officially be on the map.  I heard a rumor that Wil Wheaton might host an episode of Table Top in Bakersfield at Paladin.  Tabletop has been crucial to both our choice of board games and has strangely become a new family past time.  We watch tabletop so frequently that my 5-year old son Nathan has started mimicking Wheaton voice inflections, and not so charming in-game sarcasm. 

Gaming Updates

Since I have last blogged, we have hosted board game night where the hubs was named the new champion in Ticket to Ride Europe.  This also affirmed that we need to invite more couples over to play because it expands our board gaming options.  We finally beat the second act in Diablo3.  We found a rainbow goblin (will explain further).  Bur first, and most importantly, we finally killed that f*cking hill troll and beat the second scenario in the Lord of the Rings Card game.  
Wheaton fanboy/ gamers the next gen 

Dominating at Ticket to Ride

Don’t Kill the Unicorns

Many eons ago, before my career and children, the internet was upset that Diablo game art might be too cartoonish.  In response, and because Blizzard developers are awesome, the game creators included the ever-popular cow level.  The infamous cow level transported players from a horror movie landscape, into a level that was filled with walking cows constantly moo-ing except the moo's were made by humans to much hilarity.  Fast forward to 2015 and playing Diablo 3 on the PS4 when we chase down a rainbow goblin and it opens a glowing rainbow portal in the middle of a gulag.

In the game, me and the hubs, follow the portal and enter a land filled with flowers, pink teddy bears, and even unicorns (click the link to watch a video of us running from pink bears).  Then they start attacking our game characters and when I realize I am taking damage I start to flee. John wants to stand and fight, and bits of dismembered unicorn appear in the corner of my screen.  I yelped and started running away to the next rainbow to escape the fury of the adorable enemies in whimsvile.  In the end we only hurt a few characters enough to get away and took a video of the whole  endeavor.  The huge menacing guy holding an axe and running is my character and the violent Korra character belongs to the hubs.

HELP: Send Wil Wheaton

Tip of the day, just because we can kill unicorns does not mean we should.  And, Wil Wheaton needs to come to Bakersfield.  If that rumor is a lie, then we need to make it true, I will start the petition in moveon.org and work on a video plea from my 5-year old Wheaton fanboy.

*Note: I do realize there were several spelling errors in my initial draft the most notable the misspelling of Wil's name.  This is a hobby people, remember I don't proofread carefully.  Forgive me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment