Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I hope you dance.

Day 8: The Party Pooper


If you have every seen the Toyota SUV commercial where the mother narrates that some families camp but she likes dance parties then this post will make sense to you.  I am that crazy mom sans a mirror ball (mental note buy mirror ball). 

At least twice a month and usually completely impromptu, the kiddos and me have a crazy dance parties in our living room.  Sometimes this is initiated by dancing games with our kinnect.  But other times it is just me, being a cooky and weird mom.  Usually my husband sits on the couch and watches us and laughs.  But it has always made me a little sad that when there is no one in the house except for me, and our two incredibly uncoordinated children, my husband is a dance party spectator aka party pooper.

Dancing has never been a big part of my relationship.  The four occasions my husband has ever danced with me in public include:
  1. EBHS Prom 99’
  2. OUR Wedding 03’
  3. Heavyside Wedding 06’
  4. Tipton Wedding 11’
*Dancing is comprised almost entirely of slow songs.


That was until yesterday, when I walked into the living room and found my partner in a heated dance battle with our son.  They were both actually completely on synch and rhythm with the music in the game Just Dance 4.  We only played for around 30 minutes or so before he turned on music and the entire family just danced in the living room.  Dance might be the wrong word because there were some flying kicks, cartwheels, yoga, and head banging included.

System: Xbox 360
Developer: Ubisoft

Gauntlet Thrown

The nice thing about blogging is that it raises the bar.  The internet now knows my husband can dance, so he better make a habit of dancing with me.  

Boone kids in heated dance battle. 

Dance battle call out. 

1 comment: