Saturday, January 24, 2015

Things that are Hard 2.0

Day 17: Don’t believe what you read on the internet

Make-up and Organizing pre-LotR

Since I have openly discussed in my blog my consideration of divorcing my partner it probably comes as a surprise to no one that I am in therapy.  My therapist asked me what is something hard I had to do this week and I surprised myself when I didn’t say “get out bed.”  My answer: find a tube of make-up primer sh*t.  As I explained my distress to my counselor she immediately replied “its next to the foundation.”  And not for the first time, I wanted to kick her in the knee, hard.

If you ask me where to buy model primer for miniatures, primer for home improvement, or even primer for cooking I can answer those questions.  But asking me to acquire make-up primer at Target is like asking me to solve 10- page math proof.  In fact, with the help of technology it would probably take me less time to puzzle out a mathematical proof.

For those of you who don’t know, primer is a base coat that goes under make-up.  Apparently it is different than moisturizer and is not in the long aisle covered with face lotions/ face sunscreens/ moisturizers/ creams/ serums.  Even though it is a tube of goop that looks exactly like everything else in the face goop aisle, that is not where it lives.  Instead primer is located next to make-up.  And make-up is not organized by what is used for but instead by brand.  Like my therapist this may be obvious to the women reading this blog but just in case you missed the memo I am not good at being a girl.

Si Se Puede

It has only been one day since my last post, and getting out of bed is still hard.  Today I am wearing my union thug hat and organizing with hundreds of other educators from around the state.  Staying in a fancy-smancy hotelmakes getting out of bed easier because my babies are snuggled close, and my union family are here for me.

Happy Union Thug

 
Rolling off lands on my bed/ head.

What are those boxes for behind the bed?
Online Walk- Throughs

When I get stuck in life, and games, I have almost always been able to find the answer on the internet.  Free online game walk throughs have been part of my life as long as the hubs.  I am reading several blogs about LotR card game that I am currently obsessed with (dwarf for life).    

When I told my husband I was considering a divorce, his reaction was to google “what to do when wife wants divorce.”  If you just spit your coffee on the computer screen I understand, but in all seriousness googling is a natural reaction to the unknown.  And just an FYI, the advice he received was not ideal.  Tip of the day: google cannot tell you how to save your marriage. 

Despite my best attempts to resist, I have fallen prey to attempting girflicaiton through online walk-through guides.  I really have tried to put more effort into my appearance.  I say “tried” because after a few hours with pinterest, you-tube make-up tutorials, magazines, and then the looking for primer:  I am over it.  I want to look my best but not if its going to be so f*cking hard.  How do women do this everyday?  Isn’t it easier just to stay in bed?  Speaking of staying in bed, playing card games in a hotel bed is not ideal.

System: Table Top
Developer: Fantasy Flight Games
  
Reflection: After traveling out of town, organizing and activism, and successful application of make-up: we still made time to game.  We moved from our intro level game to the next and way harder scenario in Lord of the Rings.  We only lasted three phases before we got our butts kicked.


Speaking of getting an a$s kicking, today the hubs is playing in his first Warmachine tournament in over 4 months.  My trash talking is not just meanness, we have both been honest that he is not there to win, he is there to learn.  Because winning is great, but the joy comes from the people, the game, and the experience.

Registration at Warmachine Tourney


The Army pre battle

Photo from first 2 hours round of Warmachine

2 comments:

  1. If this shows up twice, sorry. I am attempting my first comment. I truly enjoy reading your blogs.

    One thing I have learned is I am truly behind in make-up. I didn't know what primer existed. As far as foundation, I thought that was sunscreen. I use sunscreen as my foundation daily and then I apply a little blush and eye-shadow. I guess that is why I am getting Ipsy to learn more about Ipsy by googling. LOL. Thanks for your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post Sarah Baron. Isn't sunblock foundation? Crap, new thing to google. It is great to hear that I am not the only one that is cosmetically inept.

    ReplyDelete