Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Patient Partner

DAY ONE

Today we played Borderlands.  I knew that first person shooters made me a liability in co-op. That is putting it lightly: I was worse than a 10-year old noob. The opening was astounding enough that I am riveted to continue with this game. John has shown unwavering patience.  He saved me after I went down twice.  He also helped me find health more than once.  I know Johns sheer tenacity and love will show us through these 100 days even if we play first-person shooters the whole time.  Thankfully we have Guitar Hero and Buffy to even out the score. 

3 comments:

  1. Lol you never were good at fps's. I blame the fact you didn't grow up with them like me. I remember first learning to play halo with a controller it was miserable. Also the 10 year old comment was a prophecy your 6 year old is better at some of these games. But in would still rather play with you. These last few months have made me realize that. I hope there are many more to come, maybe one day we will even finish a borderlands game
    Elbows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized this post was on D9 maybe borderlands should be added to our chocolate cake tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Borderlands and chocolate cake sounds like the best date ever.

    ReplyDelete