Saturday, January 2, 2010

High Matenience

John and I spent the majority of our day apart.  Thanks to John’s creativity we now have custom butcher block with my great aunt Honey’s marble cutting stone fit on top.  His project kept him busy all day and me and kiddos continued to help Mema move. 

Tonight I have been a high matenience partner.  I am sick and my voice is so hoarse it is almost completely inaudible. My whole body aches from moving boxes.  If I were an Xbox right now I would be flashing the red ring of death.

Before we played John moved a space heater by the couch and made some of my favorite Trader Joe’s holiday tea.  He scowled when I was not willing to unravel myself from my blanket to share with him.  I offered that we have several other throw blankets but he retorted that he “likes to share.”  I am not in the mood to share my blanket.

You are probably reading this thinking I am a spoiled mean wife.  I hope that my candid admission illustrates my desire to be less whinny.  But if you think I am a spoiled wife you have got me pegged.

Today we played Marvel Alliance 2. John finished Uncharted 2 and he has been itching to see what new characters we had unlocked from our recent MA2 play.  I tried out the Juggernaut for a few minutes but got bored with him and switched back to The Thing after no time at all.

Today gaming for me was a chore.  I love Marvel Alliance 2.  I love John.  But when I am feeling this miserable I do not love playing Marvel Alliance 2 with John.  Marriage and gaming like life has its bad days and today was one of mine.  

2 comments:

  1. No offense but I could totally tell you had no desire to play tonight, but you were a trooper and let me try out my new characters, Cable and Psylocke FTW!!! I felt bad that in your miserable state you had the kids a majority of the day, so I tend to be a little more willing to spoil on nights like this. Anyways you need to go to sleep and rest you poor throat, honestly i think the only way for you not to talk is to go to sleep ^^. I believe the Merc with the Mouth (aka Deadpool) said that as well, so that's a compliment I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so much like Amy Adams in Julie and Julia.

    And Juggernaut is a giant doofus!

    Get some sleep, Chris. Sounds like you really need it.

    ReplyDelete