Friday, January 17, 2014

The Blogging Binge

My 4 online followers will be surprised to find that my neglected blog will receive an influx of posts over the next few months as part of a required graduate technology course.  The idea is to create an “educational leadership” blog to “enhance” my current professional life.  I am not sure that blogging for me can become a professional platform but I do know that blogs are a useful part of my existence.  

Those who know me virtually or in person know that I am a big ole’ geek.  I will attempt to show self-restraint by mostly excluding my favorite Buffy and Gaming blogs. 

BLOGGERS I FOLLOW

As a Higher Education teacher, I find that blogs can humanize theoretical concepts through storytelling and images in a way that a textbook is unable to capture. The majority of blogs that appeal to me are feminist and popular culture writers with panache.

  


Some great male bloggers that have great cross-over and application in Communication and Culture include:



As an overworked student, I find that blogs can provide “life hacks” that help motivate, inspire and provide insight into practicality in cooking, organizing, exercising and motherhood.

ABOUT MY BLOG 

This blogs, "100 Days of Gaming," inception was as an homage to my geek marriage and gaming; Today is our 11-year wedding anniversary so clearly we are doing something right.  With two kids and professional lives we have transitioned into more PG board games and less late night co-op gaming. 


The one thing I know for certain is that blogging is a huge time commitment.  It is great to interact with other people but it can also take on a life of its own and consume a writer in sharing how to live life instead of living it: Hopefully this binge and my blogging will find a balance between life and reflection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment